Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So what are you saying?

The age old argument is that straight men and straight women can not be just friends.
The last 20 years has proved that wrong. Hasn't it?

My family still seems to think that old saying still applies. But then again look at my family. Not the most stable when it comes to relationships to begin with.

Okay, so this is the topic of the night because its been the topic on a few of those online women's magazines. The only thing that seems to be the agreement is that no one trusts the female friends/coworkers.

So let's look at this shall we. Straight men and Straight women can not be "just friends" because the guy will always be attracted to the girl.

Um no sorry not buying that.

That's the rule right? But there is always the exception. Well, hello then, I'm the queen of the exception. Most of my friends in my life have been men. I would say 95% of my friends have been men, and only about 40% of my male friends were gay. So that leaves a large straight male friend percentage.

Follow me.

So if we were to go by the damned rule, then you are going to try to tell me that all of those straight male friends were interested in me? Rrrriiiiggghhhtttt.
I've been alive for nearly 36 years and I can honestly say, none of my male friends have ever been attracted to me. At all.
I am the queen of pathetic I know.

Does that make me the exception or has the rule honestly changed in the last 20 years?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails