Thursday, June 4, 2009

Salt the Wounds What Good Would It Do?


Yes that is a quote from the Headstones' album Smile and Wave. Have I mentioned yet this week how much I love Hugh Dillon?
No?
Well guess what my pets, I love Hugh Dillon. You know how there is that one celebrity that you admire and worship so much you are not sure if you want to be them or freal them. Hugh Dillon is that celebrity for me.
The whole reason I rented Down to the Dirt was because of Hugh Dillon being in it. Ended up he had 3 minutes in one scene and like two lines.
First time I heard the song "Cemetery" back in the early 1990's I was hooked. When I saw him in Dance Me Outside I knew that he was going to be major. Then came one of my all time favourites movies Hard Core Logo which was one of my favourite books too. I have copied his hair from the Teeth and Tissue cd cover, been slapped (and dipper bombed) for mimicking his gestures from the "Unsound" video (I am a mimic. Can't always help it) and called foolish for spending $45 on the first season dvd of Durham County without having even seen it (and will for the second too).
He's got a voice that makes me shiver. Back in 2001 I got the chance to see the Headstones live. No concert before or since has stayed in my brain but that one. I was standing at the edge of the stage and he came over and said hi in the middle of the song "And".

Rumours are flying that there is to be a sequel to HCL coming out sometime in the next year and half. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it does.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails