Sunday, June 28, 2009

Love Letters of Great Men

I am not talking about the book, though I would love to get my greedy paws on a copy. If I knew which book it really was.
Since the Sex and the City movie came out last year, and since at the time it was a prop for the film, and since at the time it sent so many of us scampering off to the book stores hunting it down, well since all that two authors have put together a different book on the idea.
I have no clue which one is based on the prop book they used in the movie. I might actually have to buy both.

But I digress, as I was not talking about the book. I am talking about the idea of men writing love letters. I would love it ;no pun intended, if men today actually followed that example. And no boys a "love fax" (like Mr. Big offers Carrie in the movie) does not count.
I mean a real sheet of paper, a real writing tool, a real envelope and a real guy sitting down expressing his thoughts, emotions, and desires towards me.
I want that. I really really want that.

Other then SATC movie what brought this on ? I read alot of Jane Austen. I watch alot of Jane Austen. Letters are the big thing in a Jane Austen story. Mr. Darcy confesses his love for Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Wentworth confesses his never ending want of Anne Elliot in Persuasion both by letters. These are two of my favourite stories of all time, my two favourite heroes of all time. They were not afraid of the idea of pouring themselves into a letter.
So why are all the men in this day and age barely able to type a full sentence?

I am always talking about my perfect guy and what he would be like and this is a major key to him. My hunky hero will not be afraid of love letters nor will he be afraid of Jane Austen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails