Sunday, June 7, 2009

Office Style: The Business Card



In Jane Austen's time, a calling card was left at the door letting you know who had been around looking for you.
In the last 20 years, office employees started being the ones using it. The more stylish the card, the more important the employee.
Now, everyone and their dog's grandmother has a "card" no longer just a business card, but a piece of their identity.
Have we as a society started to return to the basic manners that was daily practice in the time of Miss Austen? Or have we just gotten so egotistical that we need to be more important then we really are?
I don't know but I do like the idea of a card. It has all the information with no chance of misspelling the person's name.

And it seems I am not the only one, as when I hunted on the net for this scene, thinking I would be hunting all day, I found close to 50 youtube entries for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails