Sunday, October 18, 2009

Are there any single straight men left on this planet? part 18

Actually the question is are there any men in this city that are not actors or musicians ?

Every guy I have met in the last decade has been an actor or musician. It's starting to make me feel like I am in Hollywood or some crap.

So having writer's block today I decided to sit down and watch a movie. I ended up watching Love Actually. Bad move, just made me depressed. Well, except the scene where Hugh Grant is dancing, that always has me in a fit of mad laughter. Thinking it might turn into a Hugh Grant double bill, Notting Hill might be a good follow up.
Anyways, so I started thinking about how I never meet guys who have normal jobs. For anyone who has not seen Love Actually, you won't get my train of thought. In the movie Hugh Grant plays the British Prime Minister, and his part of the story is about him falling in love with a co worker.
The whole time I was watching this film, I was thinking, do guys really act all crazy like that in real life? Then I thought, I guess in the end no matter how big a celebrity you are you can't control who you fall for.

Still with me?
So what does this have to do with me only meeting guys who want to be actors and musicians?
I'm tired of it. Seriously. Where are the men in this city who have normal jobs with normal hours who don't travel half their careers? Starting to think they don't exist in this city.

My dad traveled for work, my uncle traveled for work and look at the messes they created.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman make up your mind! I have been reading your blog for a while now and you say you love that wrestler but then you turn around and say you only want a man who works 9-5. You can't have it both ways.

ardeth blood said...

A woman is limited by the men that desire her.
So until he decides he wants me, it's kind of a mute point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails