Monday, November 9, 2009

An Emotional Survival Kit

What's in yours?

What? Spudgun are you talking jibberish?

What do you turn to when you are depressed?

Oh right *slaps forehead painfully* and emotional survival kit. I got it now.
That would be the entire Sex and the City series and movie, the Best of the X-Division Volume 2 and a very large bottle of Screech.
What can I say I'm easily distracted by clothes and boys.

But this got me thinking, most women turn to each other when they are in a crisis, and have big cry fests and spend all their time shopping together or go to a club where they flirt shamelessly with men they have no intention of leaving with.
I don't. Is there something wrong with the fact I would rather be at home watching some fictional image of a support group then actually being part of a real one?

Maybe, I don't know.

Then more thinking (oh that's bad. you know you over analyze everything to death then dig up the bones to analyze again ) about who I used to turn to as a kid.
The answer to that would be my cousins Billy and Deon. I grew up the tag along to my two older male cousins.
Then in grade school my friends were always guys. This progressed through high school and college.
I see the pattern now, sort of.

Well, you know from past blog posts that I don't really trust other women, and I do tend to get crushes on guys who are emotionally unavailable. But you would also think that I would understand men better then I do.

Nope, I have no clue. Which is why I end up needing the SATC dvds and the Best of the X-Division and the drinking. Usually to get over a guy.

Hey Spudgun any more stupid questions

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails