Monday, December 7, 2009

The Empress and Queen of Pentacles cards

The Empress : Fruitful, action, initiative, length of days, the unknown, natural, emotional and material abundance, femininity, creative and physical growth, intuitive emotions, protective love, a happy marriage, domestic stability, wealth, harmony, strength after an illness, natural course of events that proves beneficial.
The Goddess card. The Mother card. The foreshadowing of a baby.

Queen of Pentacles : Gifts, a good marriage, greatness of soul, opulence, generosity, liberty, security, birth, mother, an independent woman who is interested in the creative arts.


These two cards have been showing up lately in my readings. The two are connected, as both are material/physical manifestation cards and both represent motherhood.

I can't go into what my readings were about, but I can tell you that I was shocked to get these cards. And to add to this, images that have been coming to me in other forms. Eggs and Flowers.
Two more symbols connected to motherhood.

What's going on here? I have gotten the hint that the goddesses are tapping me on the shoulder with the ever present fact cats and bears keep popping up in my life. Cats being the totem for the goddess Bast and Bears being the totem for the goddess Artemis. I have been trying to balance my life with more domestic roles but seems I'm not doing a good enough job to make them happy.

For those who have been reading this blog on a regular basis, you know every once and awhile I post about a tarot card that is haunting me. The consent presence as of late of the two major motherhood cards has bothered me.
That has never been a path I have ever chosen. But again, this could be pointing to pure creativity. In which case they would make sense as the book is the big thing in my life right now. Getting the book finished and published.

Let's hope that's all the Goddesses are trying to do for me.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I'm also trying to finish a book and these two cards have been haunting me too! And like the mother path is not something I'm aspire to do...would like to hear am update..Good luck on your book

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails