Monday, March 8, 2010

Well the sex is good

I got some of the chapters back from my editor. I'm noticing a pattern with my work.
Everything gets some red ink except for the sex scenes.

Are the editors/publishers just not wanting to read those scenes?
Worse, are they boring?
Are they hard to swallow?

It can't possibly be I am a better writer then even I believe... is it?

Actually, in this case, I think the sex scenes are very readable. Not too over the top, not too in your face. One of the most difficult things to write is a sex scene. You have to know how much emotion you want to covey with it. Do you want your characters to walk away from it unscathed or do you want them to reach a turning point?

Sex is used so differently by everyone. Not just in books.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails