Sunday, March 7, 2010

Because of my fears

This became an interesting night.

Because of my extreme fears of rejection in every form, and therefore my inability to do something as simple as send an email to Mr. Shelley; I ended up in a 4 hour conversation with Buddy #P about men and women and who should make the first move.

Even with all the society breakdowns we have, there is still a stigma on a woman making any kind of first move. Yeah, even one my age.
Worse if you are not on the same level as the man. As in, not as good looking or wealthy.

My buddy said and I am quoting him "Screw that. Go for it."
I laughed then panicked some more.

One of my favourite quotes is from Trading Up by Candace Bushnell "A woman is limited by the men that desire her."
It does not say anything about a man being limited. You choose us, we do not choose you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails