Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Poke Poke Poke the freak

You have heard me say more then once that I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta Type 1

I have been the favorite freak of nature for every frealing medical student who's ever come through this damnable town. Today was no different.

You also remember me saying I was suppose to have gone to the Neurologist back few weeks ago for a follow up from the MRI. That appointment got moved to today.
So there I was, sitting in the clinic staring at the computer screen with the MRI results and when the Neurologist realized I have O.I. he did what every frealing medical personal has done in the last 35 years, got in my face to stare at my eyes. Literally, this dude was nose to nose dragging my bottom eyelids down all giddy like I was the latest Cabbage Patch Doll or something. I was starting to feel like Alex from Clockwork Orange in the torture scene, just waiting for the sounds of Beethoven to come screaming out of the woodwork.

Yes, my sclera (whites of the eyes) are blue. Robin's egg blue. The bluer the sclera the more broken I am. OOOHHHHH Let's all run pointless tests on the human eggshell.
Both my mom and my sister have this. It's genetic. Why am I the only one being poked and bleed out like a lab rat?

Jesus I am going to start charging admission soon. I'm sure they had fun after I left, pouring over my medical records. God knows my x-rays read like a medical journal themselves.
You know, when I was 5 or 6 years old, it was cool being the center of attention like that. Now, I just want you to tell me what the hell is broken this time and what pain pills to take for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails