Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I don't know what you want from me

You hide from me when you need me most,
You rip me from myself when I need me most,
Under a pale spotlight of trust, that slowly binds us together,
I'm tired and I can't take it anymore, I need to feed but I'm nothing more then a vampire in a room of zombies, empty and alone
I don't know what you want from me, you have never said, never shown, never explained,
Is it the moisture on my lips, as you lick them sending a shiver up my spine, or is it something else that you've planted in me burning me up from the inside,
You say you are my friend but yet you haven't tried, I'm still stuck walled up brick by brick inside, while you stand there in the cold snow, ankle deep and wet
You hide from me when you need me most,
You rip me from myself when I need me most,
You're not the spirit of the show not the host
I don't know what you want from me, you have never said, never shown, never explained,
Just pointed to your chest telling me your way is the best,
I don't know what you want from me,  and I've cried begged pleaded with you to let me know, to kindly thank you, to open up just a little of your locked door,
But still you hide, like a shadow in the darkened corner of my mind, of my heart, daring me to start over again my song, to hit the beat and drag it on,
I don't know what you want from me, you refuse to say refuse to give me the time of day,
But you expect me to stay, to be waiting for you without love without passion without - you
I don't know what you want from me,


By Ardeth Blood   April 12th 2010

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails