Friday, July 24, 2009

My Thoughts on TNA Impact for July 23 2009


I had to hunt on the web again this week, simply because I was in a hurry and could not wait all day for iTunes Canada or the official Spike TV site. And whom ever it was that uploaded it, very choppy job. You left in commercials and cut out half the promos. Once again hot on the heels of a ppv that I did not get to see.

We open with ...TAZ! Very nice. The crowd showed their respect with chants of ECW, and booed when the other company was mentioned. (that should tell you something right there!) I have to admit, back few months ago, the first time I saw Samoa Joe come out with a black towel I thought of Taz. Then I laughed it off telling myself it was wishful thinking. But, I should have listened. Joe then came out for his X-Division match against Homicide. This was a very smart, and very strong opening for this week's show. I rarely find the openings to be quick, smart and of use. This started off as a great X-Division match, and soon turned into a great submission match. With Joe pulling off one of the best suplexes I have in awhile. Joe then hit the ref and got DQed. Homicide is still X-Division champ. Joe then did a beat down on Homicide, which lead to Hernadez making his return. This is good. This reminds people that there are a few big guys in the X-Division that can pull off what is needed to be in the division.

The MainEventMafia came out to the ring...blah blah blah blah blah blah......Then Mick Foley came out to address the situation but I was bored and did not pay attention. Oh sounds like we have some more Rocky Horror Picture Show fans in the audience again with their cants of as*h*le while Kurt Angle was talking.

Kevin Nash vs Amazing Red for the Legends belt. This was a nice filler....NOT. Bored now. Nash just brutalized Red.

MEM tag team match, Booker/Steiner vs Rocco and Sal. WTF? Why?

Eric Young's promo.... interesting. But not as good as it could of been.

The Cody Deaner promo all I have to say is "The Wolf man's got Nards".... great now I just want to watch Monster Squad

A ten man tag team match with British Invasion, Beer Money Inc., Styles/Daniels, Eric Young, Bahsir/Kyotshi (sorry if I spelled that wrong) Young and Bashir started off, with a bunch of quick counters. Storm tagged himself in, landing a hard smack to Bashir's jaw. Quick tag to Roode with Beer Money using a double team move. Styles tagged in, turning this into a proper X-Division match. Daniels tagged in. The big guy from British Invasion with the bad hair then tagged in. And stood there while Daniels tried to knock him down. Everyone runs into the ring, and I no longer know who the legal two are. Eric Young turns on Styles and piledrives him. Nice. Did not see that coming. Do it again.

Mick Foley vs Kurt Angle with a keys on a pole match. Boring. MEM run out do a beat down. Then Bobby Lashley came out....don't care not a fan.

And the MotorCityMachine Guns!.... Where were they? Okay, seriously, you wasted my time this week with with the Nash match and the lack luster promos and you did not even give me any Shelley/Sabin to make up for it? I hate whoever in creative put together this episode.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails