Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What I learned from Sex and the City ...part 1

I have made no hiding the fact that two of my favourite writers are Sparkle Hayter and Candace Bushnell.
I have all of Candace Bushnell's books (up to this date that I am aware of)
4 Blondes, Trading Up, Lipstick Jungle and the one that started it all Sex and the City.

I have compared myself to the character Carrie on more then one level. And we all have friends/family who fall right into place of being a Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha. But have you ever looked at the men in your life? How many of us can say 'yes I have a Big in my past' or a 'Tray' ?
I hate to admit it, but if my "MR. BIG" is the guy I think he is; I DON'T want to end up with him!! And if my "Aidan" is who I think he is, I won't get to end up with him. Though my "Stanford" is actually straight, and I have had a "Tray" in my past, I guess I have to admit I am looking for my "Steve". Of all the women on the tv show, Miranda lucked out. Her man was cute, sweet, loyal and down right sexy!
At the moment, someone else in my circle is having a "Carrie Moment" (more like year) she has a sweet "Aidan" type in her life, while her "Mr. Big" just won't let her go. He keeps showing up when she seems to find some happiness only to screw it up for her. Another person in my circle is trying to have a "Samantha Moment", but it's plan to the rest of us she is just covering for her own shortcomings. And the one in my circle who is wanting a "Charlotte Moment" is coming up....in the "Samantha" box.
This has left me wondering is it time to think outside the box?
Have we somehow type cast ourselves into roles that we aren't really fit for?
As I try to learn from our patterns, I hope to find some answers. Every so often I will let you know what (and if ) I have learned.
I guess the first thing to know is that nothing matters but the shoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails