Sunday, June 17, 2007

Avoid the Dishes Activity #6-Blogging

Drip drip drip. The tap says onto the top of the green mixing bowl covered in cake batter.
Drip drip drip, it screams 'come wash this'.
'No, not yet'. I answer, 'I have other things to do.'
True I do have a mountain of things on my To Do list for the weekend, but the most important thing is cleaning the kitchen, as I am having a dinner party tomorrow night. I just don't have the energy right now. Hell, I still don't even have a clue as to what I am going to serve tomorrow night!
I am a veggy, my guests aren't. How do I make up a fabulous dinner they will crave the recipes for and complement me on, for hours later when we don't even fall into the same category of eating? How did I get left doing this? Right now I remember. My buddy is visiting from Europe for the week, and over cocktails the other night I said 'before you leave town, come over for dinner, I'll cook'. I can be very stupid when I have a glass of merlot in hand.
Now I need to plan the meal, shop for the meal, cook it, and somehow manage to have a spotless apartment for them to eat it in. All this plus my usual chaos that is my life. Good thing I am a woman, at lest I have a half chance to get it done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails