Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Factory Girl


This was released on DVD here today. I am not too sure how I feel about this film.
Did I like it? Kind of.
Did I think it was produced well? Yes.
Did it leave questions in my mind? Yes.
Just seems to me, that every film I have ever seen that had Andy Warhol in it has made the character of him "hollow" even when he is the main character he is not the main character. Confused?
Factory Girl is about Eddie Sedgwick. It starts when she comes to New York to be an artist. She meets Andy Warhol one night and suddenly she is thrown into the center of the world, the world according to Andy Warhol. That is until she meets Bob Dylan. (The movie never admits that is who it is suppose to be they just call him the "musician" the whole time.) Like most people of the time she falls victim to drugs and endless parties.
I am not too sure what else to say about this film. Guy Pearce's version of Andy Warhol looked very good. I have to admit, I don't know enough about the reality of the lives of either Eddie Sedgwick or Andy Warhol to say wither or not it was honest enough. This movie did make it seem like Andy Warhol was in love with her. If nothing else, maybe it will open the door for a proper biography for the people it tried to show.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails