Monday, February 11, 2008

The Divorce Sweater

On the DVD commentary for Jane Austen Book Club they talk about the costume choices for each character, and one that gets alot of mention is the sweater the character Sylvia is wearing through most of it. They called it the "divorce sweater".
It got me like a ton of bricks to the skull, cause I have a divorce sweater that I have been wearing for the last few years. Though, I have never been divorced, I have been dumped. We do seem to gravitate to an item of clothing that is the same as the security blanket alot of us had as a child. The sweater or whatever the item might be that we wear all the time when going through a time of depression.
Did I get rid of my divorce sweater? I'll let you know ......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails