Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mushy Brain Syndrome

You know you're having a crappy day when you walk into Starbucks and can't focus on anything. I had an early meeting with the disability people today, then had to return some computer cables, and on my way home stopped off for coffee. I wanted the largest size they had. Simple right? For anyone else on the planet but not me.
I am standing there reading the menu which I know off by heart, with a line forming behind me, and two out of the three of my favourite workers on shift today. They have gotten used to just pouring a grande white chocolate mocha for me, without me having to speak. But today, today I needed more! Do you think my mushy brain could form the thoughtwave needed to order the next size up? No, Not at all.
I ended up having to point to the sample cups they have sitting behind the counter.
I am not a morning person. If you are one of the millions of people who float seamlessly through the early hours of the daylight every day, then I envy you.

Mushy Brain Syndrome - when one is caught off guard in their natural environment acting like a zombie retard

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails