Friday, January 2, 2009

2009-Dear Me

Satire: 1 the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, ridicule to expose and criticize people's bad points. 2 a play, novel using satire
(as described in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary of Current English)

Jane Austen is the master at satire. She managed to capture an entire culture in her novels with the use of it. Most people today have lost that fine art.
And why I say this is because the last post I did here, (Sparkle and Shine) I reprinted on another blog on another forum. I got a response to my little rant. Which would have been fine except the chick was lacking any real direction in her commenting. She just rambled with anger.

Here is a note my comment on the hair style of the "now" was meant to be taken as satire. I was not being an angry lynch mob towards the kids who are part of this movement/fashion statement. Maybe if more people got away from the mass media for a few hours and read something that was printed with covers that did not have glossy pages , they would be able to understand what I was getting at.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails